Terms & Conditions...
Welcome! We are delighted that you chose to train with Edge Fitness & Therapies as a part of your commitment to health and fitness. We are here to provide you with the necessary information and motivation to help you reach and maintain your personal fitness goals. The following information will provide you with important program policies. Before getting started, please fill in (& sign when we meet) this form so that we can be sure that you have been provided with and understand this information.
Edge Fitness & Therapies Personal Training Policies:
• All forms including Exercise History and Attitude Questionnaire, Physical Activity Profile, Lifestyle Information Form, Health History Form, PAR-Q and Policies and Liability Release must be filled out and signed prior to the start of the first personal training session/orientation. If you are filling in the forms here(online) they will be printed out for you to sign when arrive for your first session.
• Rates: Your training package rates / cost will be fully agreed prior to commencement of training with natural edge fitness this will vary due to your specific training needs or promotions be ran at the time of commencement.
• Training sessions will begin promptly at the time specified by client and trainer. Payment will be made prior to session. Please be on time in order to make full use of the training session. Each training session is one hour in length unless otherwise agreed upon between the client and the trainer.
• Cancellations: In order to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you must contact Edge Fitness at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment or you will be charged for that session. (NOTE: any exception to this policy will be made purely at the discretion of the trainer.)
• All clients are encouraged to be prompt. If the client is 10 minutes late or more for a session this time will be deducted from it. If possible, the trainer will attempt to complete the entire session if his schedule allows it. If the trainer arrives late, the amount of time will be added for an extended session. Please be advised that after waiting 15 minutes for a scheduled client, the session is subject to cancellation and clients will be charged for a full session.
• We do not offer refunds or credits, so please be sure that our services will match your needs before committing through payment. If you find that your needs change once you have begun this program, please let Edge Fitness know; and we will attempt to find a way to accommodate your training needs if possible once the pack has been started.
• Injury: You are fully responsible for any injury you incur before, during, or after workouts. The trainer will not be held accountable in any manner, legal or otherwise. Any injury incurred before, during, or after workout sessions is solely the responsibility of the client. Focusing during your workout and following directions will help prevent any injury. It’s the client’s responsibility to communicate any symptoms or discomfort during the session.
• No verbal agreement can alter or change the conditions of this agreement in any
Physical Readiness Questionnaire – PAR-Q
Regular physical activity is fun and healthy, and increasingly more people are starting to become more active every day. Being more active is very safe for most people. However, some people should check with their doctor before they start becoming much more physically active. If you are planning to become much more physically active than you are now, start by answering the questions. If you are between the ages of 15 and 69, the PAR-Q will tell you if you should check with your doctor before you start. If you are over 69 years of age, and you are not used to being very active, check with your doctor first.
Common sense is your best guide when you answer these questions. Please read the questions carefully and answer each one honestly: tick YES or NO.
If you answer YES to one or more questions:
• Talk with your doctor by phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming much more physically active or BEFORE you have a fitness appraisal. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which questions you answered YES.
• You may be able to do any activity you want –as long as you start slowly and build up gradually. Or, you may need to restrict your activities to those that are safe for you. Talk with your doctor about the kinds of activities you wish to participate in and follow his/her advice.
• Find out which community programs are safe and helpful to you. If you answered NO honestly to all PAR-Q questions, you can be reasonably sure that you can:
• Start becoming much more physically active –begin slowly and build up gradually. This is the safest and easiest way to go.
• Take part in a fitness appraisal – this is an excellent way to determine your basic fitness so that you can plan the best way for you to live actively.
DELAY BECOMING MUCH MORE ACTIVE:
• If you are not feeling well because of a temporary illness such as a cold or a fever- wait until you feel better
• If you are or may be pregnant – talk to your doctor before you start becoming more active.
PLEASE NOTE: If your health changes so that you have to answer YES to any of the questions, tell your fitness or health professional. Ask whether you should change your physical activity plan.
I have read, understood and completed the questionnaire. Any questions I had were answered
to my full satisfaction.
Release, Covenant Not to Sue, and Waiver
I do hereby consent to participate in a personal training program that will include weight training and/or cardiovascular exercise. I have been informed and understand that physical exercise has been associated with certain risks, including but not limited to musculoskeletal injury, spinal injuries, abnormal blood pressure responses, and, in rare instances, heart attack or death. Every effort will be made to minimise these risks. Any information that is obtained regarding my fitness level and my progress will be treated as privileged and confidential and will not be released or revealed to any person other than my physician without my expressed written consent. I have read and understand the foregoing consent to participation in said program. I am aware that I may discontinue participation in the program at any time that I see fit to do so.
If at any time I have questions concerning the content, policies, or procedures regarding the personal training program I will discuss these questions with my trainer immediately.
In addition, I agree to the following:
a) Assume all risk of injury and all risk of damage to or loss of property arising out of my participation in this program.
b) Release, discharge, and waive any and all responsibility from Edge Fitness & Therapies and all instructors from and against any liability of injury, including death, and for damage to or loss of property which may be suffered by the undersigned arising out of, or in any way connected with the participation in this program.
c) Indemnify and hold Edge Fitness & Therapies and all Instructors harmless from and against all liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, and damage arising out of my participation in said personal training program.